Ingredients and Quantity
- Olive oil-15 ml
- Yellow onion, sliced-01 large
- Ginger paste- 1/4th tsp.
- Garlic paste- ½ tsp.
- Ground cinnamon-¼ th tsp.
- Ground cumin- ¼ th tsp.
- Yellow zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped- 1 ½ cups
- Cauliflower florets & stem, peeled and roughly chopped- 3/4th cup
- Vegetable stock- 3 ½ cups
- Yellow Rose petals dried, roughly chopped- 02 tsp
- Lemon- ½ no
For the seasoning
- Salt –to taste
- White pepper powder- ¼ th tsp.
- Pistachio nuts- 08 gm.
- Dried Pink Rose petals- 01 tsp.
- Saffron, broiled-01 gm.
- In a non-stick pan add olive oil, heat the oil and add onion, ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for 02 minutes. Add cinnamon and cumin powders. Cook for 02 minutes. Add the cauliflower and zucchini. Cook till the vegetables are tender. Add the yellow rose petals. Add the vegetable stock.
- Cover and cook for 15 mins. You may add more vegetable stock if required. Switch off the flame and set aside to cool. Blend into a very smooth puree. Add salt and white pepper.
- Simmer for another five minutes.
- Just before service add lemon juice.
- Serve hot / warm garnished with Pistachio nuts blanched, peeled and slivered, broiled saffron and dried pink rose petals.
For the serving
Serve in a cappuccino cup, sprinkled a little cinnamon powder.
- You may add curry powder to the soup if desired and temper it with curry leaves and mustard seeds to further enhance its flavours.