- PREP TIME : 15 minutes
- COOK TIME : 10 to 15 minutes
- SERVING: 04 pax
This Chinese dish gets its name from the Chinese province of Hakka. Stir fried noodles with loads veggies with a dash of soya sauce.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Hakka noodles -450 gm.
- Oil -02 tbsp.
- Onion sliced -01 medium
- Carrot cut into thin strips / juliennes -01no. medium
- Green capsicum, stem removed, deseeded &cut into thin strips/ juliennes-01no. medium
- Cabbage finely shredded -1/4 no.small
- Soy sauce – ¼ th tbsp.
- Salt -to taste
- White pepper powder -1/4 tsp.
- Bean sprouts -1/2 cup
- Spring onion greens finely shredded-01 stalk
For the garnishing
Spring onion greens finely shredded-1/4 th stalk
- Boil water add the noodles, cook till Al dente at least for 02 minutes. Do not over cook the noodles as they will become mushy and sticky.
- Drain the noodles and spread on a flat surface and toss in 01 tsp of oil on the noodles to prevent sticking.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion and stir-fry for 03minutes.
- Add carrot, capsicum and cabbage and stir-fry for 02 minutes, stirring and tossing continuously.
- Add noodles, soy sauce, salt to taste and white pepper powder and cook on high flame for 05 minutes or until the noodles are heated through, tossing continuously.
- Add bean sprouts, mix well.
For the serving
Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
- You may add a few drops of oil while boiling Noodles.
- Al dente refers to the desired texture of cooked pasta in Italian cooking. It literally means "to the tooth". When the pasta is cooked Al dente, there should be a slight resistance in the center when the pasta is chewed.
- If you like noodles spice then take ¼ th cup of oil & 06 broken whole red chillies & Heat the oil in a deep pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the red chillies, cover with a lid and switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool for some time and strain it using a strainer. Keep aside. Use as and when required.
- You may add the chilli oil while adding salt and pepper and toss the noodles on a high flame