- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME : 15 minutes
- SERVES: 04 - 06 pax
An Indian Savory street food prepared with boiled fresh green chana and pomegranate pearls with a dash of lemon juice.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Hara Choliya (Fresh green chana) - 02 cups
- Pomegranate pearls- ½ cup
- Onion, chopped-01 large
- Tomatoes, firm, deseeded and chopped-02 nos.
- Cherry tomatoes, cut into halves- 04 nos.
- Cucumber, deseeded and chopped- 01 small
- Raw Mango, cubed- 1/4th no.
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped- 1/4th bunch
- Cumin powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Black pepper powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Salt –to taste
- Lemon juice-15 ml.
- Cook choliya in 1 ½ cups of water till done, futher cook it till all the water evaporates (approximately 15 minutes).
- Place in a glass bowl add pomegranate pearls, chopped onions, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, raw mango coriander leaves, roasted cumin powder, black pepper, salt and lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot.
- You may replace peanuts with walnuts.
- You may add raisins.
- If you are dry roasting ingredients from Oats to peanuts, has to be done on a medium flame. Also the cooking time mentioned above would be from 05 minutes to 20-25 minutes.