- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME : 15 minutes
- SERVES: 4 pax
A healthy breakfast preparation with lightly roasted semolina and green peas cooked together and lightly tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Semolina, lightly dry roasted- 01 cup
- Green Peas- 1/4th Cup
- Onion, finely chopped- 01 large
- Green chillies, finely chopped-02 nos.
- Hot water- 02 cups
For the tempering
- Extra Virgin Olive oil- 1 ½ tbsp.
- Mustard Seeds- ¾ th tsp.
- Curry leaves- 01 sprig
- Ginger, grated- 01 tsp.
- Salt- To taste
For the garnish
- Coriander leaves, fresh (Optional)- 2 sprigs
- Fresh coconut grated (Optional) - 30 gm.
- Boiled peas- ½ tbsp.
- Curry leaves, sautéed -01 sprig.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan add mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- Add curry leaves and grated ginger, sauté till the raw aroma of ginger disappears.
- Now add finely chopped onion, sauté till translucent, add green chillies, sauté for 02 minutes.
- Now add the lightly roasted semolina, add the green peas, sauté for 02 minutes add the hot water.
- Add the salt to taste.
- Stir, to prevent lump formation.
- Now cover it and cook on a very slow fame.
- Cook till all the water is absorbed and semolina and green peas are cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with Chopped Coriander leaves or grated fresh coconut.
- I prefer serving it very hot garnished with boiled peas and curry leaves.
- Always dry roast the semolina and keep it in an air tight container, not only to save time but also to prevent worms.
- To save time you can separately boil green peas in 02 cups of water add salt to it, taste for proper salt add more if required and add this water + Green peas + Salt to the prepared sautéed semolina mixture