- CUISINE : Uttar Pradesh / North Indian
- COURSE : Dessert / Indian Sweet
- PREP TIME : 15 minutes
- COOK TIME : 01 to 1 ½ hour
- REFRIGERATION TIME: 02-03 hours
- SERVING: 04 pax
A rich creamy dessert prepared with thickened milk, flavoured with Sitaphal / Custard apple , green cardamom powder and garnished slivered pistachio nuts ,almonds and broiled saffron.
Ingredients and Quantity
For the Rabri
- Full cream milk- 05 cups
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Pistachio nuts, blanched, peeled and chopped-10 gm.
- Almonds, blanched, peeled and chopped- 10 gm.
For the Flavouring
- Sitaphal / Custard Apple pulp- 01 cup
- Green Cardamom powder- ¼ th tsp.
For the garnishing
- Saffron, broiled- 01 gm.
- Pistachio nuts, blanched, peeled and slivered-10 gm.
- Almonds, blanched, peeled and slivered-10 gm.
- In a soup pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger juice and grated carrots. Sauté for 03 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil. Add salt. Cover, and simmer until the vegetables are cooked thoroughly and are tender for 10 minutes. Keep aside and cool.
- Puree in a high speed blender in batches until very smooth and creamy. Add sweet lime juice, cinnamon powder and adjust seasoning. Stir well and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Serve Chilled garnished with sweet lime slices.