- SOAKING TIME FOR RICE : 1-1 ½ hours
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME : 45 minutes to 60 minutes
- CHILLING TIME IN REFRIGERATOR : 1-1 ½ hours
- SERVES: 4
The scrumptious blend of Milk and Rice, with a dash of sugar, flavoured with green cardamom powder, drizzled with rose water and laced with saffron, garnished with pistachio nuts and rose petals.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Full cream milk -1 ¼ th litres
- Rice, soaked -1/4th cup
- Saffron, broiled -01 gm.
- Pistachios -30 gm.
- Sugar -1/2 cup or as required
- Green cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon
- Rose water- ½ tbsp.
- Pistachio slivered-15 gm.
- Saffron, broiled-1/2 gm.
- Rose Petals dried-02 tsp.
- Pick, wash and soak rice for 1 ½ hours.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan and set aside. Drain and grind the rice coarsely.
- Broil saffron and set aside. Blanch pistachios, peel and cut into slivers.
- Add the coarsely ground rice paste to the milk and cook stirring continuously so that there are no lumps and it does not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add Sugar and mix. Add green cardamom powder, saffron and mix. Add rose water. When the mixtures starts thickening take it off the flame.
- Pour into soaked Kasoras / earthenware pots and keep them in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 1 ½ hours. garnished with slivered pistachio nuts, saffron and dried rose petals.