- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- SOAKING TIME FOR CHICKPEAS : 8 hours
- CHILLING TIME: 01 hour
- SERVES: 4
A Levantine dip / spread prepared with mashed and creamy chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic with a smoky flavor of Paprika.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained and cooked: 325 gm.
- Garlic, crushed- 06 cloves
- Smoked paprika- ½ tsp.
- Cayenne pepper- ¼ th tsp.
- Cumin- 1/4th tsp.
- Lemon juice- 01 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil- 02 tbsp. / or more as desired
- Tahini- 1/4th cup
- Water, reserved - 1/4th cup
- Salt- to taste
- Dried mint: ¼ th tsp. (OptiSmoked Paprika: ¼th tsp.
- Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling: 01 tbsp.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Chill in the refrigerator , covered with a cling wrap for an hour before serving
- Garnish with smoked paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
- You may serve with Lavash.
- Reserve the water in which the chickpeas were boiled.