Parsi style spicy and seasoned scrambled eggs.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients and quantity:
Eggs- 08 nos.
Fresh cream-01 tbsp.
Onion, finely chopped-02 nos. medium
Tomatoes, finely chopped-01 large
Garlic, minced-04 cloves
Ginger, grated-1/2 inch piece
Green chillies, finely chopped- 01no.
Salt- To taste
Turmeric- 1/4th tsp.
Red chilli powder- 1/4th tsp.
Butter- 1 ½ tbsp.
For the Garnish:
Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped-04 sprigs
- In a glass bowl, break all the eggs add salt to taste, pour the milk and cream and whisk well. Whisk the eggs thoroughly till frothy.
- Place a non-stick pan on the flame, melt some butter into it. Add grated garlic, ginger, chopped green chilies and onions and sauté onions till translucent.
- Add turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes turn tender.
- Now add the egg mixture and allow it cook for a minute.
- With the help of a spatula, scrape the sides of the pan, slightly scrambling the eggs. Stir it all up and allow it to cook for a minute. Continue to gently scrape and scramble till the eggs are cooked, but ensure they are not over cooked.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves, mix well and turn off the flame
- Serve the Akuri hot accompanied with a soft pav or toast.
- You may skip adding the cream and milk if you are a diet conscious person.