A sweet and tangy chaat prepared with earthy sweet potatoes, pomegranate pearls, green chillies, fresh cilantro, tossed with spice powders and drizzled with fresh lemon juice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients and Quantity:
Sweet Potatoes (Shakarkandi , Ratalu)- 500 gm.
Pomegranate pearls- ½ cup.
Fresh Coriander leaves (Cilantro), finely chopped-1/4th bunch
Green chillies, sliced thinly-2 nos.
Red chilli powder- ½ tsp. (Optional)
Chaat masala- ½ tsp.
Cumin powder- 1/4th tsp.
Black pepper powder-1/4th tsp.
Rock Salt (Senda Namak)- to taste
Fresh lemon juice- 1/2 tbsp.
For the Garnish:
Fresh Coriander leaves (Cilantro), finely chopped-1 tbsp.
In a small glass bowl mix all the powdered spices and salt and set aside.
Wash and pressure cook the sweet potatoes till 3 whistles.
Cool it down and peel.
Cut it into cubes.
Put it in a glass bowl.
Add the pomegranate pearls, finely chopped coriander leaves, finely sliced green chillies.
Add the mixed powders and salt.
Toss it lightly.
Sprinkle lemon juice.
Toss it again.
Refrigerate and serve chilled or at room temperature garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- You may add roasted, skinned and coarsely ground peanuts, if desired.
- You may drizzle mint or coriander chutney on it.
- You may drizzle beetroot flavored whisked curds.
- You may add cubed cucumber and apples too.
- If you are not fasting you may sprinkle aloo sev or nylon sev to give it a crunch.