A Levantine dip / spread prepared with mashed and creamy chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic, with the luscious flavor of Sun-kissed Alphonso Mangoes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Soaking Time for Chickpeas: 08 hours
Chilling Time: 01 hour
Ingredients and Quantity:
Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), soaked overnight and cooked: 325 gm.
Alphonso Mango puree, fresh- 02 tbsp.
Garlic, crushed- 04 cloves
Paprika- 1/4th tsp.
Lemon juice- 01 tsp.
Extra virgin olive oil- 02 tbsp. / or more as desired
Tahini- 1/4th cup
Water, reserved – 1/4th cup
Salt- to taste
For the garnish / sprinkling:
Alphonso mango, fresh, cubed-1/2 tbsp.
Paprika- a pinch
Red Chilli flakes- ½ tsp
Green Pumpkin seeds (Pepitas), lightly toasted- 02 tsp.
Muskmelon seeds, lightly toasted- 02 tsp
Black peppercorns, crushed-1/2 tsp
Black Sesame seeds- 1/4th tsp.
For the drizzling:
Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling: 01 tbsp. / as desired
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Chill in the refrigerator , covered with a cling wrap for an hour before serving
- Garnish with paprika, red chilli flakes, Pepitas, muskmelon seeds, crushed peppercorn, black sesame seeds and cubed mango, drizzled with olive oil.
- You may serve this delectable dip with Lavash.
- Reserve the water in which the chickpeas were boiled, it can be used for blending the ingredients for Hummus.
- I personally suggest using Garbanzo beans which are soaked overnight and then cooked till well done, as some may opt for using canned ones.
What do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.