A Levantine dip / spread prepared with mashed and creamy chickpeas blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic, with the luscious flavor of Sun-kissed Alphonso Mangoes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Soaking Time for Chickpeas: 08 hours
Chilling Time: 01 hour
Ingredients and Quantity:
Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), soaked overnight and cooked: 325 gm.
Alphonso Mango puree, fresh- 02 tbsp.
Garlic, crushed- 04 cloves
Paprika- 1/4th tsp.
Lemon juice- 01 tsp.
Extra virgin olive oil- 02 tbsp. / or more as desired
Tahini- 1/4th cup
Water, reserved – 1/4th cup
Salt- to taste
For the garnish / sprinkling:
Alphonso mango, fresh, cubed-1/2 tbsp.
Paprika- a pinch
Red Chilli flakes- ½ tsp
Green Pumpkin seeds (Pepitas), lightly toasted- 02 tsp.
Muskmelon seeds, lightly toasted- 02 tsp
Black peppercorns, crushed-1/2 tsp
Black Sesame seeds- 1/4th tsp.
For the drizzling:
Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling: 01 tbsp. / as desired
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Chill in the refrigerator , covered with a cling wrap for an hour before serving
- Garnish with paprika, red chilli flakes, Pepitas, muskmelon seeds, crushed peppercorn, black sesame seeds and cubed mango, drizzled with olive oil.
- You may serve this delectable dip with Lavash.
- Reserve the water in which the chickpeas were boiled, it can be used for blending the ingredients for Hummus.
- I personally suggest using Garbanzo beans which are soaked overnight and then cooked till well done, as some may opt for using canned ones.