A delicious combination of yogurt and fresh pomegranate pearls sprinkled with red chilli powder and freshly roasted and ground cumin , garnished with fresh cilantro and pomegranate pearls.
Preparation Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Chilling Time in Refrigerator- 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
Ingredients and Quantity:
Thick Yogurt / low-fat curd- 02 cups
Chilled Water- 3/4th cup
Pomegranate Pearls- 3/4th cup
Sugar- ¾ th tsp. / as required
Salt- To Taste
Rock Salt- To taste
Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
Cumin, roasted and ground- ¾ th tsp.
Black pepper powder- ¼ th tsp.
For the Garnish:
Pomegranate Pearls, chilled- ½ tbsp.
Cilantro, chopped- a few sprigs
Whisk yogurt / Low-fat curds in a glass bowl, add chilled water to it and whisk thoroughly.
Add sugar and mix well.
Add salt, rock Salt, Red chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix.
Add pomegranate pearls, mix very lightly.
Refrigerate for 15 minutes to chill.
Serve chilled garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and pomegranate pearls.
- If you are using curds that has turned sour, add skimmed milk to balance the sourness.
- You may use fresh mint leaves or dried and powdered mint leaves for the garnish.
- You may add raisins in the raita.
- You may add fresh pomegranate juice instead to chilled water to further enhance the flavor but remember the color to raita will change to pink.
- If you add pomegranate juice , skip adding the sugar.
- If you are health conscious , then add stevia instead of sugar.
What do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.