A soul-warming traditional drink from Kashmir prepared with kahwa tea leaves flavored with green cardamom and cinnamon laced with saffron and garnished with rose petals and slivered almonds
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Brewing time: 05 minutes
Ingredients and quantity:
Kahwa tea leaves, crushed-01 tsp
Water, hot- 750 ml.
Green cardamom- 02 nos.
Cinnamon- 02 inch stick
Sugar / Honey- 03 tsp. / as desired
Saffron, broiled-06 strands
For the garnish:
Rose petals- 04 nos.
Almonds, slivered- 02 nos.
1. Coarsely grind the cardamoms and cinnamon to powder and keep aside.
2. In a tea pan pour hot water, crushed kahwa tea leaves, sugar, cardamom-cinnamon powder and saffron.
3. Keep to brew. Brew for 05 minutes till the tea turns light golden. Strain into tea cups.
4. Serve hot, sprinkled with slivered almonds on top of each cup.
- You may increase or decrease the quantity kahwa tea leaves.
- You may add crushed cloves if desired.