This is not only an instant snack but also a powerhouse of nutrition. Can be prepared in no time and is very filling. I would say Munch on this tongue tantalizing snack and forget the junk foods. Eat and stay healthy.
Preparation Time- 05 minutes
Cooking / Roasting Time- 08 to 10 minutes
Ingredients and Quantity:
Fox Nuts- 02 cups
Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 02 tsp.
Garlic cloves, crushed- 04 nos.
Black peppercorn, coarsely ground-3/4th tsp.
Turmeric- 1/4th tsp
Salt –To taste
In a heavy bottomed pan, add oil. Add crushed garlic sauté for half a minute.
Add Fox nuts. Sauté on a medium flame till it becomes a little reddish in color i.e. for 07 to 08 minutes. Add turmeric powder and coarsely ground black peppercorn.
Sauté for few seconds
Add salt to taste and mix well. Remove from the flame.
Cool and transfer in an airtight container, if not consumed immediately.
- To further enhance its flavor, you may add Curry leaves, if desired.
- If you are fasting replace the salt with sendha namak.
- You may sprinkle a little Chat masala.
- You may use clarified butter in the same quantity instead of extra virgin olive oil
- You may also make Roasted Garlicky Fox Nuts Bhel, by adding chopped onion, deseeded and chopped firm red tomatoes, chopped green chillies, chopped raw mango, chopped coriander leaves sprinkled with chaat masala to the prepared makhana (Fox Nuts). Just before serve sprinkle a little lemon juice. This is done so that the bhel does not become soggy and remains crisp. Mix well.