Scrumptious soup prepared with oven roasted tomatoes, flavoured with garlic and mixed herbs, served hot laced with fresh cream and sautéed herbs.
Preparation Time: 05 minutes
Oven Roasting Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients and Quantity:
Tomatoes, ripe, red, large, sliced- 12 nos.
Garlic, peeled & crushed-04 cloves
Black Peppercorn, lightly roasted and freshly ground-1/2 tsp.
Mixed Herbs, dried- 4 tsp. / or more as desired
Extra Virgin Olive Oil-1 ½ tbsp.
Vegetable Stock / Water- as required
For the Garnish:
Fresh Cream, chilled- 4 tsp.
Mixed herbs, dried sautéed in Extra virgin olive oil- 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180◦ C.
- Place the sliced tomatoes and garlic in the baking tray.
- Pour olive oil.
- Oven roast for 15 minutes, till the tomatoes leave their peel.
- Once the tomatoes are done, set aside to cool.
- Blend in a food processor the tomatoes, garlic, peppercorn, mixed herbs.
- Prepare a smooth puree by adding a little water.
- Place the puree on the flame.
- Add salt. Adjust the consistency.
- Serve hot laced with fresh cream and sprinkled with mixed herbs.
- You may add a little sugar, if desired.
- You may garnish the soup with Croûtons, if desired.
- Serve soup hot with the bread of your choice.