‘All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to you my angel mother.’
I dedicate this blog to my Angel Mother in Heaven.
She was a fantastic cook , she prepared the divine food for the entire family with the secret ingredient called “Love”.
She is my Inspiration and life.
My Blog is my Soul :
I strongly believe that as a Chef and Food Blogger it is my utmost responsibility that the recipes and knowledge that I share with my readers, followers and all are authentic as well as my own tadka that is innovative.
I love to prepare both types of recipes which are out of the box as well as traditional authentic recipes.
My blog gives my readers a variety, an idea how various flavors and ingredients can be blended.
You will find my recipes with cooking tips that would help you to prepare the dishes with ease.
Right from the Mise En Place ,Actual Cooking, Food Styling and LIGHTS CAMERA ACTION…. Food Photography I do it all. This means that I put my SOUL into my BLOG…..
I intricately prepare cuisine designed to capture a delicious and exciting range of flavors, textures and aromas.
I believe that we eat with our eyes first…….
I believe that the food that I cook / prepare should not only touch the hearts but also the souls of the people relishing it. I follow the path shown by my Mother , that is bring smiles and spreading Happiness through the food I cook.
I strongly believe in “Real Chefs Share and Teach.”
“Secrets, especially with cooking, are best shared so that the cuisine lives on.” – Bo Songvisava
Food is my Religion.
My Culinary Journey so far….Risen like a Phoenix from Ashes….
As a Kid I have grown up seeing my mother cook the most delectable cuisines for the entire family. That gave the first kick in my mind that, Yes food is such an interesting and enormous art. I guess that I have got it through my genes.
I remember when almost all my relatives were strictly against my joining Hotel Management. The persons who stood like pillars were and still are my parents. The myth those days was that this profession is just not apt for girls. I owe all my success to my God Almighty, my Angel mother Mrs. Manjit M.S. Arora and my father , Mr. M.S.Arora, who supported me right from day one. I made sure to make them proud by receiving the Certificate of Merit. Thus kick-starting my journey into the world of foods.” I am also blessed to have such a supportive and motivating husband, my soulmate Uday B. Kugaji who supports, encourages and motivates me in my growth and success.
I am presently working as a Full time Food Blogger, Speciality Chef with Chef Sutra, Percept Knorigin, Cine Curry and Oxygen Infotainment and as a Food Author with Pioneer Chef, Pinksworth and Tanya Munshi.
I also work as a Hospitality and Food Consultant, Speciality Chef and Food Author at Platter Share.
Chef Consultant and Culinary Expert at “FITMAG” http://www.fitmag.in/
Member of Western India Culinary Association (WICA)
Member of Indian Women in Hospitality (IWH)
Also, I am into writing recipes to suit both Desi and Videshi people and articles for various online and offline publications.
In the past, I have worked as a Program Head of Culinary Arts, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh at the ITM Institute of Hotel Management at Navi Mumbai.
Also ,I have worked as an Associate Professor at D.Y. Patil University, School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, Navi Mumbai. At the D.Y. Patil University and Stadium, I was menu planning and preparing the most delectable and exotic cuisines for the Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil, “The God of Cricket” Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, “The Great Wall of Indian Cricket” Mr. Rahul Dravid and various other dignitaries and eminent personalities.
I intricately prepared cuisine designed to capture a delicious and exciting range of flavours, textures and aromas. I also handled special food preparations for IPL matches, T 20-20, International Cricket Matches at the D.Y. Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai. I have cooked the most delectable cuisines for small to very large numbers.
With 20+ years of experience in the world of culinary, I believe that food is like oxygen to me. Food for me is God. As my profession demands cooking and tasting Non-Vegetarian foods & in spite of being a pure vegetarian, I perform my duties religiously as I understand the cause behind it is holy and noble. I profoundly believe that food whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian, if cooked with utmost love and positivity touches the heart of a person relishing it. I am privileged to be a Chef and a Mentor. If I have to say what my biggest achievements are, they would be shaping the careers and motivating thousands of students. I am indeed blessed to see my students excel in their careers and holding immense respect, gratitude and love for me. I believe that the food that I cook / prepare should not only touch the hearts but also the souls of the people relishing it.
I am a complete foodie; love to experiment with foods, innovations and fusions in foods and beverages; passionate about exploring new places and tasting and knowing about different types of cuisines. I totally adore food styling and food photography. I have an insatiable curiosity for new foods and love pairing flavours, foods and ideas from different parts of the world. It feels great to share my knowledge and skills with everyone.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” -Mahatma Gandhi
Learning is an everlasting process, I learn from every one even from my students, from every person I know or I don’t even know. Pick up the Positives and DROP THE NEGATIVES.
Upgrading oneself must be constant, may it be skills, training, technology or recent trends in Culinary and Hospitality.
I am currently working on: Bringing Back The Lost Recipes of India.
As chefs ,bloggers and mentors we owe to the generations coming to bring back the lost recipes of India. I believe that Indian cuisine has gone a long way, may it be creativity, food plating and food presentation.
In the Past , as a Program Head-Culinary Arts, I have tried my bit of introducing The Lost Recipes of India in our Queen Margaret University , Edinburgh module known as Culinary Concept Development and Production where I had encouraged students to bring back the lost recipes of India.
This not only creates awareness among the budding chefs but when they go ahead with their extensive research, they are facing mind-boggling facts like what a vast and rich treasure we have in Indian Cuisine.
Positively the coming generations will bring back the lost recipes of India , the authentic flavor’s and fragrance as India’s colonial legacy is food.
I have had an enriching experience as a Program Head-Culinary Arts at:
I have a vast and enriching experience as an Associate Professor (Food Production) at :
Trained and have upgraded my Knowledge at:
Western India Culinary Association (WICA)
Indian Women in Hospitality (IWH)
Media Coverage/ Interviews ,Articles and Recipes featured / Published in Magazines / Digital Magazines, Newspapers and Websites :
My Recipes on YouTube: Eat Drink and More
Kadha Prasad- https://youtu.be/JZVDtKiBJhQ
Paan Shots- https://youtu.be/n9JwDgkmLt4
Anar Raita- https://youtu.be/AnWK8VK3PB0
Murgh Methi Malai Kabab- https://youtu.be/YOda6l2Tkw0
Khubani Ka Meetha- https://youtu.be/GLFBNmVfpjg
Chicken Spinach Salad- https://youtu.be/YIzHHJMIVDU
Beer Battered Fried Fish- https://youtu.be/lHHHQByKRcA
How to make sour curd sweet? https://youtu.be/pvYRoYuDDB4
How to keep the salad fresh? https://youtu.be/HhX5okRmHsk
How to keep Spinach Fresh? https://youtu.be/e_9gYb77g_Q
How to peel Almonds? https://youtu.be/xyQqP58PR
Major Achievements and Awards:
- Received Award… ” Exceptional Women of Excellence” conferred by Women Economic Forum (WEF) on the 16th April 2019 at Vivanta By Taj, Dwarka, New Delhi.
- Received Award of Excellence 2018 for Women Achiever and Best Chef Indian Cuisine, organized by G-Town Society Magazine, Delhi
- Achiever / Winner of Planet’s Pride Awards 2018 ….It was announced on Social Media on the 19th October 2018 , received award at the Laxmi Vilas Palace, Vadodara on 27th Oct 2018 organized by Women Planet.
- Winner as a Social Media “Superwomen2018” Bloggers/ Creators on 8th March 2018- International Women’s Day at Social Samosa.
- Winner in the Top 50 WeAreTheCity India’s Rising Stars 2017
http://wearethecity.in/rising-stars-2017/rising-stars-2017-winners/ award received on the 14th November 2017 at the J W Marriots, Juhu Mumbai.
- Among the Top 5-Best Original Recipe Blogger at Better Homes and Gardens Awards in collaboration with Social Samosa ( BHG Awards 2017)
- Winner in the Campaign WOMAN AT WORK, published in the VOL 2/ ISSUE 5 /May 2016 Edition of the Magazine. Page 14 AND 15
- Nominated / Shortlisted for Awards:
- Nominated for the iwomanglobalawards 2019
- Nominated & Shortlisted for Social Media “Superwomen2019” Bloggers/ Creators on 8th March 2019- International Women’s Day at Social Samosa.
- Shortlisted for The Orange Flower Awards 2018 organized by Women’s Web for Food Writing and Travel Writing.
- Featured on the Cover Page of:
- Featured / Published on the Cover Page, Interview and Recipe published in March 2019- Chef’s Platter Magazine.
- Featured / Published on the Cover Page of Hospitality Lexis” Magazine in February 2019.
- Featured / Published on the Cover Page, Interview and Recipe published in March 2018- Chef’s Platter Magazine.
- Featured on the Cover Page of Food Service Magazine India – September October 2017. My Interview has also been published in the magazine.
- Media Coverage and other Achievements
- My article on Adventures of a Chef.. is featured in the magazine.. “Mind Magazine India”. .. August 2019.
- My article on Salads of India.. is featured in the magazine.. “Spunky Indian”. .. August 2019
- My 8 recipes “Non-Spicy / Less Spicy Vegetarian Preparations”…. are featured in the Grehlakshmi Magazine- Hindi… August 2019.
- My recipes of Vegan Rajma Burger and Vegan Chocolate Mousse is featured in the BPOSITIVE magazine…..July 2019
- My recipe of Spiced Beetroot Soup is featured in THE DENTCARE MAGAZINE…. July 2019
- My recipe Marigold and Mixed Sprouts Salad is featured in the magazine …Spunky Indian July 2019.
- My 15 Monsoon recipes have been featured in the “Meri Saheli” Hindi Magazine July 2019.
- My recipe Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun is featured in the magazine …Spunky Indian June 2019.
- My recipes Coconut Ice cream and Betel Leaf – Coconut Yogurt have been featured in the Times of India… Bombay Times…This Summer Go Nuts Over Coconut…. on the 25th May 2019
- My inputs on Coorgi Cuisine are featured in The Economic Times…Indica Gastronomica Page 8…The Land of Coffee, Wild Boar and Kachampuli by Mr. Anirban Bora… New Delhi, Gurgaon ,Kolkata and Bangalore on 18th May 2019.
- My inputs on Ice Apple (Tadgola) and HD photograph of Ice Apple and Thandai Kheer ( Tadgola aur Thandai Ki Kheer) is featured in the Newspaper “Mid-day” on 9th May 2019.
- My recipe Ice Apple and Thandai Kheer ( Tadgola aur Thandai Ki Kheer) is featured in the magazine “ Spunky Indian” May 2019.
- My recipe Dhungari Hui Chaach (Smoked Buttermilk) has been featured in the SUBURB Life – Gurgaon’s Very Own Lifestyle & Infotainment Magazine…. Volume 14 Issue 04…April 2019
- My recipes Aamras and Fajeto (Mango Kadhi) have been featured in the Times of India… Bombay Times…Have a Mangolicious Summer! on the 3th April 2019
- My recipe… Khubani Ka Meetha was featured in Fitmag Magazine- March 2019.
- My recipe of Sabudana and Carrot Kheer has been featured in The Free Press Journal,,, Gudi Goodies ….. For Gudi Padwa… on 31st March 2019.
- My recipe… Khubani Ka Meetha was featured in Fitmag Magazine- March 2019.
- My recipes Apple and Thandai Kheer & Beetroot Halwa are published / featured in the “Diabetic Living India” Magazine, March-April 2019.
- My recipes … Dhungari Hui Chaach, Besan Ke Shahi Gatte Ki Sabzi, Mirchi Bada, Chane Jaisalmeri, Dal Bati Churma and Doodhiya Kheech based on Rajasthani Cuisine are published in the Femina Magazine- Hindi March 2019
- Featured / Published on the Cover Page of Hospitality Lexis” Magazine in February 2019.
- My inputs on Maharashtrian Cuisine are featured in The Economic Times…Indica Gastronomica Page 12….A bit of Sweet Escape , Sol Kadhi, Shark and Tangy Dal…..A Story of Vast Land Where Food is Equals God by Mr. Anirban Bora… New Delhi, Gurgaon and Kolkata on 9th Feb 2019
- 5 recipes which are excellent stress busters!…. Lavender and Quinoa Pudding, Roasted Garlicky Fox Nuts, Beetroot Falafel with Cilantro Tahini, Rose Petal and Indian Spice Hummus and Musk Melon Breakfast Bowl are featured in the Women Fitness India Magazine. Jan-Feb 2019
- My recipe… Desk Lunch Recipe was featured in Fitmag Magazine- Jan 2019
- My recipes- Tandoori Chai and Sheer Chai are featured in The Times of India … Bombay Times on 3rd January 2019… Delhi and Gurgaon Times on 4th January 2019, How about tandoori tea or blue tea this winter?
- My signature dish is featured in the Anniversary Issue of Better Kitchen Magazine -2018
My recipe- Dark Chocolate Pudding with Roasted Almonds is published / Featured in the FITMAG Magazine December 2018
My interview Adieu 2018…and 3 recipes … Benami Kheer ,Hyderabadi Haleem, Punjabi Dhaba Mutton Curry are featured in The Hospitality Outlook Magazine Nov-Dec 2018
My recipes Chicken Pesto Arancini and Chickpea, Oats and Cilantro Falafel with Beetroot Tahini have been published in the MODISH Magazine- December 2018
My article on Farm To Table not just a trend but a way of Healthy Living was published in SENHORA Magazine-December 2018
My recipes of Urad Dal Pinni, Roasted Tomato and Herb Soup,Cauliflower, cilantro and Pistachio Soup, Spiced Beetroot Soup, Badami Halu, Bottle-Gourd and Carrot Halwa, Coconut , Ginger and Turmeric Soup, Beetroot Kalakand, Punjabi Dhaba Mutton Curry,Panjiri, Beetroot Halwa and Lauki Ki kheer are published in Woman’s Era November (Second) 2018.
My recipes- Tender Coconut Kheer and Roasted Cereal Chivda was published / Featured in the FITMAG Magazine November 2018
My inputs on Diversity in Indian Food are featured in the “Asian World” … November 2018.
- My recipe of Moong Dal Halwa… Scrumptious treats for the Winter… is featured in “Telangana Today on 9th November 2018.
- My Diabetic-Friendly Recipe of Beetroot Halwa “The Deeepavali DETOUR” is featured in #THEHINDU…on 5th November 2018….
#Delhi#Mumbai#Bengaluru #Chennai #Coimbatore #Hyderabad
- My Recipe of Gur Ki Kheer & Kesar Pista Phirni + Tips on Diwali Party… “Diwali Feast Sorted” is featured in The Free Press Journal on 4th November 2018
- My recipes of Gajrela (Gajar Halwa), Roasted Pumpkin and Spicy Harissa Soup, Broccoli Cilantro and Shallot Soup, Kundan Kaliya, Hyderabad Haleem, Moong Dal Halwa, Kesar Pista Phirni and Corn and Miso Soup are published in Woman’s Era November (First) 2018.
- My recipes of Karah Prashad, Sitaphal Rabri, Punjabi Panjiri, Shahi Tukda & Paan and Quinoa Pudding are featured in the eShe Magazine November -December 2018 Vol2 IssUe11.
- My article on Ancient Indian Food Practices Indeed a Healthy Living is featured in Senhora Magazine November 2018
- My recipe of Moong Dal Halwa is featured in the Magazine ” Mithais of Indai” of The FBAI… The Food Bloggers Association of India on the 1st November 2018.
- My recipes Roh Di Kheer & Whole-Wheat Flour Malpua Rabri was featured at Yahoo News & Yahoo Lifestyle! India …. 6 Recipes to Make Your Dussehra Delightful on 18th October ,2018
- My article on Salads of India was featured at Happy Tipsy Be Merry Website on 16th October 2018https://happytipsy.in/category/trending-stories/all-about-food/
- My inputs on the various Spices and Spice Blends available online and their culinary uses “The New Spice Routes” were featured in The New Indian Express and The Sunday Standard Magazine … Experience … Page 8 on 14th October 2018.
- My inputs on Navratri Fasting food… The Joys of Kuttu… has been featured in the Livemint … Mint Lounge Newspaper on 13th October 2018.
- I was featured in the Indian Culinary Forum Magazine October 2018 .. Women Chef Dedication and Commitment Taking them a Long Way.
- My recipes based on the theme Festive Sweets… Shahi Gulkand Gulab Jamun, Basundi & Aatte ka Malpua aur Rabri are published in the Grehlakshmi Magazine- Hindi October 2018
- My recipes Beetroot Ravioli and Melanzane alla Parmigiana along with an article Wine Pairing with the Unbeatable and Delectable Indian Food is published in the SENHORA Magazine October 2018
- My recipe was featured How To Make Anjeer (Fig) Ka Murabba: simple Recipe to try at Home! on 25th September 2018.https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/how-to-make-anjeer-fig-ka-murabba-simple-recipe-to-try-at-home-1921944
- Winner in Celebrating Diversity Recipe Contest at The Goya Journal on 21st September 2018.. Recipe “ Roh Di Kheer”
- My recipe- Oven Baked Potatoes was published / Featured in the FITMAG Magazine September 2018
- My Journey and Interview was featured / published at THE UNCOMMON BOX …..Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji’s Journey – The Defeats And The Struggle! The Accolades! Get Ready To Be Inspired! …. 15th September 2018http://theuncommonbox.com/lifestyle/chefs-reetu-uday-kugaji-journey-the-defeats-and-the-struggle-the-accolades-get-ready-to-be-inspired