I believe that the food that I cook / prepare should not only touch the hearts but also the souls of the people relishing it.
I am presently working as a Hospitality and Food Consultant, Speciality Chef and Food Author at www.plattershare.com , Chef Consultant and Culinary Expert at “FITMAG” http://www.fitmag.in/ ,Speciality Chef with www.Percept Knorigin.com , www.cinecurry.com , Oxygen Infotainment and www.chefsutra.com and as a Food Author with www.pioneerchef.com , theurbanspice.com ,www.pinksworth.com , www.tanyamunshi.com , http://www.mangobunch.com/
and, Chef, Food Author & Food Expert at http://womenpla.net/
Food Author & Food expert at http://www.mangobunch.com/
My website : http://www.chefreetuudaykugaji.com/
My Blog: https://chefreetuudaykugaji.com/blog/
I run a Facebook page “Food For Thought by Chef Mrs Reetu Uday Kugaji”. https://www.facebook.com/chefreetuudaykugaji/
I also have a Facebook group “Knowledge is Wisdom” https://www.facebook.com/groups/471652423010057/
wherein my students and I share a lot of Current / Latest trends in Hospitality, Food, Food Styling, Food Plating and Food Photography.
I am a member of Western India Culinary Association (WICA)
Also, I am into writing recipes both Desi that’s Indian & Videshi that’s International and articles for various online and offline publications.
In the past ,I have worked as a Program Head- Culinary Arts, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh at the ITM Institute of Hotel Management, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
In the past, I have also contributed as an Associate Professor at D. Y. Patil University, School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, Navi Mumbai. At the D.Y.Patil University and Stadium, I had been into the menu planning and have prepared the most delectable and exotic cuisines for the Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil, “The God of Cricket”Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, “The Great Wall of Indian Cricket” Mr. Rahul Dravid and various other dignitaries and eminent personalities. Intricately prepared cuisine designed to capture a delicious and exciting range of flavours, textures and aromas. Handled Special Food Preparations for IPL matches, T 20-20, International Cricket Matches at the D.Y. Patil Stadium, Navi Mumbai. So I have cooked the most delectable cuisines for small to very large numbers.
With 20 years of experience in the world of culinary, I believe that food is like oxygen to me. Food for me is God. As my profession demands cooking and tasting Non-Vegetarian foods & in spite of me being a pure vegetarian, I perform my duties religiously as I understand the cause behind it is holy and noble. I profoundly believe that food whether vegetarian or non-vegetarian, if cooked with utmost love and positivity touches the heart of a person relishing it.
I am privileged to be a Chef and a Mentor.
If I have to say what my biggest achievements are, those are shaping the careers and motivating thousands of students, especially the budding Chefs of tomorrow, mentoring them and I am indeed blessed to see my students excel in their careers and holding immense respect, gratitude and love for me.
I am a complete foodie, love to experiment with foods, innovations and fusions in foods and beverages, passionate about exploring new places tasting and knowing about different types of cuisines. I totally adore Food Styling and Food Photography. I have an insatiable curiosity for new foods and love pairing, flavours, foods and ideas from different parts of the World. It feels great to share my knowledge and skills with everyone. Enjoy Cooking!!!!
Got featured in the DNA of Navi Mumbai along with my Husband Uday B. Kugaji on a special issue on Diwali Celebrations “For some, it’s getting the best of both worlds” on 23rd October 2014.
Received Recognition for the best Food photographer of the month April’2015 – Fruit Jellies – Food Photography Group on Face book
Winner in Healthy Recipe Contest – Grilled Chicken, Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Roasted Poppy seed Dressing on www.betterbutter.in in August ‘2015
Best Food Story Contest- Winner “My culinary journey to Istanbul”on www.plattershare.com on 13th Sept ‘2015
Winner for the best Food photographer of the month Sept’2015- http://www.affimity.com/
Wild Card Winner in Your Best Dinner Party Recipe Contest – Murgh Gilafi Seekh Kebab at www.betterbutter.in in October‘2015
Winner in the Fourth Week- www.plattershare.com for Best Recipe in the Weekly Recipe Contest from 21st September, 2015 to 18th October, 2015- Crispy Risotto Bites with Marinara Sauce
Compliment by Celebrity Chef Nita Mehta- “Very nicely used the sauces with Risotto Balls”.
Winner in www.plattershare.com with Highest Votes -333 Votes for Weekly Recipe Contest- Khubani Ka Meetha with Paan Shots
Special Appreciation by Celebrity Chef Nita Mehta- “A Special appreciation to Reetu Uday Kugaji as her recipes are very innovative. Good work done”.
Wildcard Winner in Diwali Delight Contest – Palak Karanji at www.betterbutter.in in November‘2015
My recipes Grilled Chicken with spinach and pine nut pesto and Melanzane alla Parmigiana have been published in the dna Navi Mumbai on 25th January 2015.
Article Published on ART ON A PLATTER at Url: http://www.dailypioneer.com/avenues/art-on-a-platter.html
Wednesday, 25 November 2015 | Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji
Winner -Second Prize- KitchenAid India Diwali Giveaway – Recipe of Angoori Rabri
Contest date 01st November ,2015 to 30th November,2015. Date Announced:02nd December,2015
Interview published at www.plattershare.com on 7th December,2015
Winner in Flavors of the world Contest –Chicken Karaage with Wasabi Mayonnaise at www.betterbutter.in 06th January, 2016
Winner in Holiday Recipe Contest at www.indiansimmer.com- Palak Karanji 16th January,2016
Recipes published in Fab Living Magazine , a décor magazine by fabfurnish.com Jan-Mar ,2016 Vol 2 : Issue 1
Interview published at www.goyano.com on 7th March,2016 http://www.goyano.com/2016/03/07/interview-with-chef-reetu-uday-kugaji/
Interview published at www.indiansimmer.com on 18th March,2016
Interview published in the Magazine- Better KITCHEN in the March-April ,2016 issue which features Women Power , Ability and Multi-tasking.
Winner in the Campaign WOMAN AT WORK, published in the VOL VOL 2/ ISSUE 5 /May 2016 Edition of the Magazine. Page 14 AND 15
- Article published on Spirituality and Food at http://womansera.com/
- Article on CULINARY ARTS Beyond Cooking published in WOMAN AT WORK in the VOL 2/ ISSUE 6 / June 2016 Edition of the Magazine. Page 36 & 37
- Interview published at http://wearethecity.in/ on the 7th June 2016 Inspirational Woman-
- Article on How to be a successful hotel entrepreneur?published at http://www.indiainfoline.com/ on 12th May 2016.
- Article on Sprituality and Food at http://womansera.com/ on 15th June 2016
- Recipe published in the Cookbook by EC on 15th June 2016
Article published at HospiBuz Make your Restaurant Succesful With These 5 Quick Tips on the 17th June 2016.
- Interview published at HospiBuz on 18th June 2016
- A dish prepared by me along with the Food Prepared Photograph was featured in an article “Oranges: Bright, Bold and Tangy” in the Free Press Journal by Mrs. Gita Hari on 25th June 2016 on website and 26th June 2016 Sunday in Hard copy
Article published at HospiBuz Traditional Authentic Recipes of India requires a renascence on 27th June ,2016
- Recipes published in Perfect Woman Magazine June 2016
- Interview published on 15th July 2016 at http://www.turquoisedreems.com/
- Recipes published at
in July 2016
- Interview published at http://conflatingvisions.com/ on 10th August ,2016
A dish prepared by me “Jardaloo Salli Marghi” along with the Food Prepared Photograph was featured in an article “” in the Free Press Journal on Parsi New Year Special: Khavanu, Pivanu, Majja Ni Life!
— By Farhana Madar | Aug 13, 2016 03:39 pm on website and aug 14th in Hard copy.
- My Article on Indian Digestives was published at http://hospibuz.com/ on 19th August 2016 http://hospibuz.com/indian-digestives/
- I was featured as a DYNAMIC CHEF MENTOR in Perfect Woman Magazine August 2016
My views on Homemakers Turn Pro to Slake Your Hunger Pangs by Tanya Munshi were published at
on 24th August 2016
- Recipe of Murgh Aamras Kebab with Mango-Garlic Paprika Sauce published in the Magazine- Better KITCHEN in the July -August ,2016 issue http://betterkitchen.in/BK%20J-A%202016.pdf
- My Article on The Divine Modak was published at http://hospibuz.com/ on the 3rd sept 2016
- Recipe of Paneer Peas Masala published at http://www.mangobunch.com/
http://www.mangobunch.com/food-wine/paneer-peas-masala-recipe/ on the 6th September,2016
- Recipe of Sitaphal Rabri published at womenpla.net
http://womenpla.net/recipe/sitaphal-rabri/ on the 7th September,2016
- Interview published at http://www.storified.me/
http://www.storified.me/reetu-culinary-artist/ on 11th September, 2016
- Recipe of Eid Special Shahi Tukda published at http://hospibuz.com/
http://hospibuz.com/eid-special-shahi-tukda-by-chef-reetu-uday/ on 13th Sept 2016
- Recipe of Onam Special Pasi Parrupu Payasam published at http://hospibuz.com/
http://hospibuz.com/onam-special-pasi-paruppu-payasam-moong-dal-payasam/ on 15th Sept 2016
- Interview published in Being Woman Magazine Sept 2016 Issue.
- Recipe of Dhungari Lasooni Dal Khichdi at http://www.mangobunch.com/
http://www.mangobunch.com/food-wine/recipe-dhungari-lasooni-dal-khichdi/ on 16th September 2016
- Top 100 Shortlisted in Rising Stars India 2016 on 26th September, 2016
WeAreTheCity India recently announced that it is launching a new Awards Recognition Programme to highlight the achievements of the female talent pipeline across India. Nominations open on 01 August 2016.
50 women in non-managerial positions from a range of industries will be chosen as a Rising Stars in recognition of their achievements.
By highlighting the accolades of inspirational female talent, WeAreTheCity hopes to encourage organisations and business leaders to invest in and recognise women as leaders of tomorrow and individual contributors within their respective industries. Recognising that careers for women may follow different timescales, the Top 50 Rising Star India awards will not have any age restrictions included within the criteria. WeAreTheCity feels it has a responsibility to ensure that female talent, regardless of age and background, receives the necessary support and skills to transition into key decision-making roles within our organisations.
- Recipe of Rajgira Halwa published at http://www.allaboutwomen.in/
http://www.allaboutwomen.in/recipe-rajgira-halwa/ on 7th October,2016
- Recipe of Sago Balls with a twist was published at http://www.mangobunch.com/ & http://www.mangobunch.com/sago-balls-with-a-twist on 9th October,2016
- Recipe of Badami Besan Ladoo published at http://womenpla.net/
http://womenpla.net/recipe/badami-besan-ladoo/ in Oct 2016
- Recipe of Gajrela was published at http://www.mangobunch.com/ & October,2016
- Recipe of Palak Karanji published at http://womenpla.net/
in Oct 2016
- Recipe of Aloo aur Gulab Ka Halwa, Sitaphal Shahi Tukda, Malpua and Chickoo aur Anjeer ka Halwa have been published in the New Woman Magazine-Nov 2016
- 3rd prize in Homemade Diwali Recipes- Sitaphal Shahi Tukda –Announced on 9th November,2016 at http://www.betterbutter.in/
- My recipe Punjabi Pakorewali Kadhi and my views on Food Related New Year Resolutions and eating out were published / featured in the magazine “THE WEEK SMARTlife- LIVE HEALTHY, STAY FIT” December -2016.
- Healthy Recipes with my food photography published in FOODKRAFT magazine in Jan 2017 Devils on Horseback,Mushroom Cappuccino and Broccoli and Arugula Soup with garlic
- Green Peas Upma Food Photography selected for Food-O-Shoot and published in FOODKRAFT magazine in Jan 2017
- Health and fitness- Carrot Sweet Lime and Ginger Soup recipe published in WOMEN PLANET Magazine (Health Edition) in Jan 2017.
- My recipe “Murgh Methi Malai Kebab”featured on the tweet of @indianfoodmag & OFFICIAL FB PAGE of INDIAN FOOD Magazine on 26th Feb ,2017
- My recipe “Murgh Aamras , Ratalu and Pesto Tarts” published at http://www.betterkitchen.in/recipes/?recipeId=3 on 27th Feb 2017
- My recipe “Saffron and Pumpkin Soup” published at http://www.betterkitchen.in/recipes/?recipeId=4 on 28th Feb 2017
- My 07 recipes ( Roasted Fox Nuts Bhel, Baked Cocktail Kachori, Hara Choliya and Anar Chaat, Baked Methi Mathri, Baked Bhakarwadi, Baked Bhajani Chakli Tukda & Baked Palak puris) of Healthy Holi Snacks published in the March 2017 “New Woman”magazine.
- Video prepared by http://www.mangobunch.com on Inspirational Women- circulated on Social media on 3rd March 2017.
- My interview published on 8th March 2017 International womans day at http://www.mangobunch.com
- My interview published on on 8th March 2017 International womans day at http://hospibuz.com/
- My story published on 9th march ,2017 at https://sheroes.in/
- My recipes of Holi – Kesari Thandai & Mawa Gujia published on 11th March 2017 at http://www.fnbbuzz.com/
- My story Published by Tanya Munshi at https://www.glossaread.com/business/finance/breaking-the-glass-ceiling-floor-walls-windows-article
“Breaking the Glass Ceilings, Doors, Walls & Windows” on 29th March 2017
- My views on milk and its storage was published on 24th May 2017 at http://www.tanyamunshi.com/lifestyle/health/is-the-milk-we-consume-stored-correctly/
- My interview was published at https://www.kalaage.net/blogger_interview/reetu-uday-kugaji on the 26th May 2017
- Interview published on 25th June 2017 at
- My recipe & video on Paan Shots published in the online magazine of Finediningindian in July 2017 at http://finediningindian.com/2017/07/05/indian-food-magazine/
- My article on Culinary Arts indeed an art was published in the HospiBuz Magazine –June 2017
- My views on Comfort Foods and my recipe ‘ Punjabi Pakorewali Kadhi’ was published on the 1st July 2017 at http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/food/try-comfort-food-from-indias-regional-cuisine/articleshow/59386765.cms
- My interview published on the 3rd July 2017 at http://www.tanyamunshi.com/featured/food-for-thought-chef-reetu-uday-kugaji/
- My article on “A Chef’s day in Istanbul” was published in the BetterKITCHEN magazine- July 2017 Issue 1/2017 : http://betterkitchen.in/backup/BK%201-2017.pdf
- My recipes Carrot sweet lime and ginger soup published on 4th July 2017 at http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/healthy-recipe-carrot-sweet-lime-and-ginger-soup-bs0717/
, Cantaloupe Lemonade published on 7th July 2017 at http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/healthy-recipe-refreshing-cantaloupe-or-kharbooja-lemonade-bs0717/
, Roasted Fox Nuts Bhel on 7th July 2017 at http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/healthy-recipe-roasted-fox-nuts-or-makhana-bhel-bs0717/
,Hara Choliya and Anar Chaat was published on the 12th July 2017 at http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/healthy-recipe-hara-choliya-and-anar-chaat-bs0717/
Baked Sweet Potato Salad was published on the 31st July 2017 at
Cauliflower, pear and oregano soup was published on the 14th August 2017 at http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/healthy-recipe-cauliflower-pear-and-oregano-soup/
Spiced Beetroot and Dal soup was published on the 17th August 2017 at
- A dish prepared by me “Jardaloo Salli Marghi” along with the Food Prepared Photograph was featured in an article “” in the Free Press Journal
- Kashmiri walnut chutney Doon Chetin Recipe published in Food nd Beverge Buzz Magazine August 2017 Issue Pge 47
- Baby Spinach and Mint Hummus Recipe published in the FITMAG Magazine August 2017 issue.http://www.fitmag.in/magazines/fitmag-august/
- My recipe Saffron and Roasted Pumpkin soup got published at
http://homemade101.com/homemade-food/19-must-try-pumpkin-soup-recipes/ on the 25th August 2017
- My recipe of Aloo and Gulab Ka Halwa was published in August 2017 at
- My interview was published at http://yourchefstory.com/ on the 1st September 2017
- Recipe of Nolen Gurer Payesh (Rice pudding with Date Palm Jaggery), Pasi Paruppu Payasam (Moong Dal Payasam), Khubani Ka Meetha (Apricot Pudding) , Aloo aur Gulab Ka halwa have been published in India’s 1st Bilingual Magazine | Chennai, Woman Exclusive We Magazine, Simple and Sensible-September 2017.
- Zucchini ,Cauliflower and dried rose petal soup recipe has been published in the FITMAG Magazine September 2017 issue.
- My recipes published at http://secretindianrecipe.com/user/chef-reetu-uday-kugaji
- My views on Chaats have been featured at NDTV Food on the 20th September 2017
- My Recipe of Kesar Pista Phirni has been published in Deccan Chronicle –Hyderabad under Festive Delicacies on the page- Palate Pleasures on 21st September 2017
- My recipe of Kesar Peda and Custard Apple Kheer has been Published at Yahoo! Lifestyle- India -Nine Fasting and Feasting Delightful Navratri Recipes on 22nd September 2017.
- My article on Spirtuality and Food has been published in the Hospitality Outlook Magazine July August 2017
- My views on Navratri 2017: What Vegetables to Eat and What to Avoid While Fasting have been featured at NDTV Food- Smart Cooky on 22nd August 2017.
My 76 recipes are published at
the Foodgawker from San Francisco is a curated photo gallery that allows the visual search and discovery of new recipes, techniques and ingredients to inspire culinary adventures.
They publish photography submitted by food bloggers from around the world. Their editors review submissions daily and choose the highest quality, most appealing images to showcase.
Extremely proud for shaping the careers of thousands of Budding Chefs and students and witnessing them being so successful as Human Beings first then a Chef. As a mentor to them, I ensure that this quality of being extremely Humble and be proud of your roots is inculcated in my students, as I want them to be good humble humans first and then Chefs.
As a Kid I have grown up seeing my mother cook the most delectable cuisines for the entire family. That gave the first kick in my mind that, Yes food is such an interesting and enormous art. I guess that I have got it through my genes.
My accomplishments are to see and witness my Students grow in their careers and to be well renowned is a pat on my back , I feel extremely proud of that. As a mentor to them , I ensure that this quality of being extremely Humble and be proud of your roots is inculcated in my students, as I want them to be good humble humans first and then Chefs. The Noble profession that I am in itself inspires me to give my best to the Budding Chefs of tomorrow. I feel that I am indeed privileged and blessed to mentor so many students and the brightness of their success in their eyes and also of their parents, keeps inspiring me.
Would love to do:
Doing a lot of research on Lost Recipes of India. I am so proud to be an Indian, its rich Food, Culture and Heritage. As Chefs we owe to the generations coming in to bring back the Lost Recipes of India.
I keep myself updated with the latest trends of the Hospitality Industry by attending a lot to Faculty Development Programmes ,Seminars and Conferences.
In addition to the above:
Letter of appreciation from Vice Chairman and MD of CIDCO for cordial support and participation in Navi Mumbai’s First ever Wellness and Spiritual Youth fest held on 15th January, 2016.
Handled Menu Planning & Special food production for Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil. , various other dignitaries and eminent personalities.
Received Letter of Appreciation from the Vice-Chancellor of the D.Y.Patil University for Handling and providing excellent Special Food Production for the Former Hon. President Of India Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Tai Patil.
Menu Planning and handled Food Production for eminent personalities like “The God of Cricket” Mr. Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar , “The Great Wall of India” Mr Rahul Dravid and many other renowned personalities.
Handling special food production orders for IPL matches, T 20-20, International Cricket Matches at the D.Y. Patil Stadium.
Recipes on various cuisines publications in DNA (DNA of Navi Mumbai)
Recipes on Indian food dishes publications in The New Bombay Times (The Times of India)
Received Certificate of Appreciation from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute for service as an Instructor of Food Production Principles in recognition of contributions to the advancement and support of training and education in the Hospitality Industry.
Received Certificate of Appreciation from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute for service as an Instructor of Security and Loss Prevention Management in recognition of contributions to the advancement and support of training and education in the Hospitality Industry.
Constant dedication and hard work in academics -Prestigious Medal and Certificate of Merit in 1995 from His Excellency Honorable Dada Saheb Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil, Former Governor of Bihar and West Bengal and the President of Padmashree Dr. D.Y.Patil University , Dr. Vijay D. Patil.
Received Certificate of Appreciation from Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh for teaching the various modules to the Culinary Students.
My readers may get in touch with me at : firstname.lastname@example.org