- COURSE: Soup
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME: 10-12 minutes
- SERVES: 04 pax.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Butter- 15 gm.
- Extra virgin olive oil- 2 ¼ th tbsp.
- Mixed Mushroom, sliced: 500 gm.
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped- 03 nos.
- Celery, chopped- 01stem.
- Bay leaf- 02 nos.
- Vegetable stock: 200 ml. + 25ml. to adjust consistency.
- Nutmeg, grated-a pinch.
- Salt- To taste
- White pepper powder- 1/4th tsp. / to taste.
- Cinnamon powder- ½ tsp.
- Heat the butter and oil together in a non-stick sauce pan.
- Cook the mushrooms, garlic and celery for three minutes. Add bay leaf.
- Add the stock and cook for five to eight minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and make puree of the cooked mushrooms.
- Add the remaining vegetable stock to it to adjust consistency.
- Return to heat and bring it to a boil.
- Finish by adding the nutmeg powder and season with salt and white pepper powder.
- Blend it until frothy by using a hand blender
For the serving
Serve in a cappuccino cup, sprinkled a little cinnamon powder.
- Butter and Extra virgin Olive Oil is heated together, to prevent the butter from burning.
- You may first pour the mushroom cappuccino, and then blend ½ soup, nutmeg powder and make a froth and top it. Then sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
- You may also use chilled milk to make the froth i.e. in a chilled bowl take the 1 ½ chilled milk and beat it with a fork. This will develop lots of froth, which can be collected with a ladle and placed on the hot mushroom soup giving it a cappuccino effect and then sprinkle with cinnamon powder.