- COOK TIME / DEEP FRYING TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVES: 04 pax. / 24 nos.
- COURSE: Starter, Brunch, Snacksssssssssssss
Ingredients and Quantity
- Spinach, blanched and refreshed- 15 leaves or more if a deeper colour is required
- Green peas, boiled- ¾ th cup
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed- 04 nos. medium sized
- Ginger, grated- 01 tsp
- Green chillies, deseeded &finely chopped- 02 nos.
- Chaat masala- 01 tsp.
- Dry Mango powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves- 01 tbsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Corn flour / Bengal gram flour- 1½ tbsp.
- Cashew nuts- 24 nos.
- Refined oil – as required for deep frying
For the accompaniments
- Mint coriander yogurt
- chutney- 60 ml
- In a food processor, grind boiled and refreshed spinach, peas till a smooth paste is formed.
- Put the ground mixture in a glass bowl; add mashed potatoes, ginger, chaat masala & mango powder.
- Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves, salt.
- Mix it well.
- Add corn flour / Bengal gram flour to the mix so that it binds well.
- Divide the mixture into twenty-four equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball and then press it between your palms to give it a flat tikki shape. Press a cashew nut on top of it.
- Put some oil in non-stick pan and fry on simmer till the kebabs are crusty and crisp.
- Place on an absorbent paper to remove excess of oil.
For the serving
Serve hot accompanied with Beetroot Mayonnaise and Mint coriander yogurt chutney.
- I have prepared Beetroot Mayonnaise by adding Eggless Mayonnaise + Beetroot Juice or beetroot boiled peeled, cooled down pureed into a very smooth paste.
- Instead of making a smooth paste of spinach and green peas you may grind it coarsely, if desired
- Deep green can be acquired by adding more spinach, but remember to increase the quantity of corn flour / corn starch.
- You may add mint and basil leaves to enhance the flavours.
- You may also add a little rice flour to make it crispier.
- You may also shallow fry the kababs on a non-stick tawa / griddle.
- You may bake n even grill these kababs , if you like wanna consume kababs with very less oil. Hai na Healthyyyy cooking…………
Ka Saag when in season or use canned / tinned puree when not in season and accompany it with the the beetroot mayonnaise and mint coriander yogurt chutney &&&&& don’t forget the baby Makki di roti…. Njoyyyy eating !!!!!!!!!!