- COURSE: Hors d'oeuvres / Appetizers
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
- BAKING TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVES: 04 pax.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Whole pitted dates- 125 gm
- Oven roasted, blanched , peeled and salted Almonds- 04 nos.
- Tofu, cubed- ¼th cup
- Bacon, cut crosswise- 04 slices
- Tooth picks wooden, soaked-04 nos.
- Make a small incision in the dates. Stuff the dates with a pieces of cubed tofu and almonds. Wrap neatly one of the pieces of the bacon slices around each stuffed date and pierce with a toothpick to keep it intact. Place them on a lined baking tray, cover and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF and remove the devils from the fridge. Bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Do not over bake or it will burn Serve immediately.
You may serve on tiny rounds of toasted multigrain bread