- PREP TIME : 8-10 minutes
- COOK TIME : 12 to 15 minutes
- SERVING: 04 pax
Bored of Hot soups, chill with this delectable Carrot, Sweet Lime and Ginger soup.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Olive oil- 10 ml.
- Onion, small, sliced -01 no.
- Ginger juice- 10 ml.
- Carrots, chopped roughly- 450 gm.
- Sweet Lime Juice- 75 ml.
- Vegetable stock- 04 cups
- Cinnamon powder- 01 gm.
- Salt- to taste
For the garnishing
Sweet Lime slices- 04 nos.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add milk, bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder and simmer over low flame / heat.
- Do not stir too often, as a layer of cream should form over it.
- After the layer is formed, keep pushing it away from the sides towards the centre with the help of a wooden spatula
- Keep stirring the milk below it gently to avoid scorching / burning.
- Repeat the process till 1/3 rd of the volume of milk is left.
- The wider the vessel and the richer the milk, the faster it will thicken.
- When done, the colour changes to a beige-cream / off white, and the cream that was pushed aside, collects in layers. Add the chopped nuts.
- Remove from the flame.
- Let it cool. Add the Custard Apple Pulp, mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish / clay pots.
- Refrigerate to chill for at least 02-03 hours.
For the Serving
Serve chilled broiled saffron and pistachio nut slivers.
- You may use silver leaf to top this dessert to make it more attractive, but remember to apply it before you garnish the dessert.
- Make sure that the milk does not burn as, then it is next to impossible to rectify the burnt milk.
- You may add a few drops of kewra essence or natural screw pine essence / Rose water when the Rabri is done.