- PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
- COOKING TIME: 06-08 minutes
- SERVES: 04 pax.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Broccoli, roughly chopped (excluding the stems)- 550 gm.
- Arugula- 115 gm.
- Yellow onion, chopped- 30 gm.
- Garlic- 02 cloves
- Olive oil- 20 ml.
- Salt- To taste
- White pepper powder- To taste
- Water, lukewarm- 02 cups or as required
- Broccoli florets, blanched and refreshed, small in size- 08 nos.
- Arugula leaves, small- 04 nos.
- Garlic, sliced thinly, sautéed in olive oil- 08 cloves
- In a non-stick pan add olive oil heat it for few seconds add the garlic. Sauté till light brown, add the chopped onion cook till translucent add the roughly chopped broccoli cook for 03 minutes, add the blanched arugula. Cook for another minute.
- Add water, salt, pepper and bring it to a boil. Lower the flame and cook till the broccoli is bright green in colour.
- Strain through a soup strainer, do not discard the water.
- Cool the ingredients.
- Puree the ingredients by adding the remaining water. Simmer the soup for 02 minutes.
- Serve very hot / warm in a soup bowl garnished with blanched and refreshed Broccoli florets and arugula. Just before service place the garlic slices on the top of the soup.
For the serving
Serve in a cappuccino cup, sprinkled a little cinnamon powder.
- After blanching the broccoli and arugula in very hot water, refresh it under cold water, in order to retain the beautiful green colour of the Vegetables.
- You may add more water, to adjust the consistency.
- Do not prepare the soup covered as the soup will be of a pale green colour instead of a beautiful bright green colour.