- PREP TIME: 05 minutes
- SERVES: 4 - 6
Chabeel is also known as Kachi Lassi which is a refreshing, sweetened and flavored non-alcoholic rose flavored summer drink served chilled.
The very first time I consumed / drank Chabeel was in a Gurudwara in Chandigarh. Chabeel is the place where one can take water.
It also called Cold Sweet Water, the drink which is served during the Death Anniversary of Fifth Guru, Guru Arjan Dev Ji, during the scorching summer season. It has 4 parts water, 2 parts milk and 1 part Roohafza / Rose syrup. During summers, it is a common sight in the Northern parts of India especially Punjab, to see multiple stalls set up for distributing Chabeel to the commuters to soothe their parched throats. Chabeel is always given free as it is considered a social service of utmost and highest order.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Rose Syrup- ½ cup
- Whole Milk, chilled- 01 cups
- Water, chilled-03 cups
- Ice cubes- 02 cups
- Add the milk, Rose syrup and water in the Jar.
- Blend it using a hand blender.
- Add in the ice and blend again.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Serve chilled
- You may add sugar, if desired. I personally suggest not adding sugar, as the rose syrup has the required sweetness.
- The proportion of milk and water may be varied, as desired, generally Chabeel is thin in consistency.