- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- CUISINE: Hyderabadi
- COURSE: Dessert / Indian Sweet
- SOAKING TIME FOR APRICOTS: 05 hours
- SERVES: 4 Pax
An Indian dessert made from dried apricots stewed in honey accompanied with Ice cream and topped with fresh cream
Ingredients and Quantity
- Dried apricots (Khubani or Jardaloo) - 500 gm.
- Sugar- 1/4th cup
- Honey- 30 ml (If you want to avoid using sugar then add only honey 100 ml)
- Water-03 cups
- Lemon Juice- 02 ml
- Almonds, blanched, peeled and slivered-10 gm.
- Pistachio nuts, blanched, peeled and slivered - 10 gm.
- Apricot kernels: 10 gm.
- Rose petals (dried): 01 tsp
- Vanilla Ice-cream- 04 medium sized scoops
- Fresh cream (Whipped) - 1/4th cup
- Wash the apricots and soak in 03 cups of water for 05 hours.
- De-seed the apricots, chop 3/4th of the apricots and ¼ th cut into halves and place in a pan along with the water it was soaked add sugar and honey.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, till the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes pulpy and blended. Keep the bigger apricots aside and puree the rest 3/4th apricots. Cook the puree mixture thickens and starts to bubble, now add the reserved stewed apricot halves.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Transfer into a serving dish and let them chill.
- Serve cold accompanied with ice-cream.
- Top with freshly whipped cream.
- Garnish with slivered almonds, pistachio nuts slivers , apricot kernels and dried rose petals.
- It may also be served warm, if desired then skip sr.no 5. And 6.
- To enhance the flavour, apricots may be stewed in only honey i.e. no sugar then use 100ml. I personally suggest using only honey.
- To further enhance the flavor and colour you may add ½ gm. of Saffron strands steeped in a little hot milk or hot water.
- Do not discard the Apricot kernels, Remove the kernels and blanch them, remove the skin and set aside the kernels for garnishing.
- After topping with freshly whipped cream it may be topped with a little honey.