Kadah Prashad (Aate da Halwa)
- Kadah Prashad (Aate da Halwa)
- SERVES: 4 Pax
- CUISINE: Punjabi
- COURSE: Desserts
Ingredients and Quantity
- Whole wheat flour, coarse texture: 60 gm.
- Pure ghee- 60 gm.
- Sugar- 50 gm.
- Water, hot- 01 cup + 1/4th gram Saffron
- Green cardamom powder- 02 gm.
- Almonds, blanched, peeled and slivered- 10 gm.
- Pistachio nuts, blanched, peeled and slivered- 10 gm.
- Cahew nuts, chopped- 10 gm.
- Raisins, stems removed- 08 gm
- Saffron, broiled- 01 gm
- Heat the ghee in a Non-Stick kadai , add the whole wheat flour cook stirring continuously till the color changes of the flour and you get the aroma of roasted whole wheat flour.
- Keep on stirring to ensure even browning.
- The atta or whole wheat flour should turn golden and give a good fragrance.
- Once the ghee oozes out. Add the sugar.
- Let it dissolve, do not caramelize or the halwa will give a burnt flavor. Add hot water. Stir very carefully, as the mixture has the tendency to splutter.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Continue to stir, so that no lumps are formed.
- The halwa will absorb water and continue to thicken quickly.
- Keep on stirring, so that lumps are not formed.
- When its semi thick. Switch off the flame.
- Serve atte ka halwa hot or warm garnished with slivered Almonds, Pistachio nuts, chopped cashewnuts, raisins and broiled saffron strands.
- Measuring cup used, 01 cup = 250 ml.
- As the Halwa gets cooler, it tends to get thicker.