- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME : 25 minutes
- SERVES: 4 Pax
- CUISINE: Indian
- COURSE: Indian Sweet / Dessert
A twist to the regular halwas , delectable halwa prepared with potatoes, Gulkand , Gulab (rose) and Khoya, flavoured with Green Cardamom Powder and drizzled with rose water garnished with dried rose petals and slivered nuts.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Potato parboiled and peeled -01 Large
- Clarified Butter- 1 ½ tbsp.
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Mawa (khoya) -150 gm.
- Full Cream Milk- ¾ cup
- Gulkand- ½ tbsp.
- Rose petals dried, finely chopped- 1 ½ tbsp.
- Rose water-10 ml.
- Green cardamom powder- ¼ th tsp.
- Almonds blanched, peeled and slivered- 10 gm.
- Pistachio nuts blanched, peeled and slivered- 05 gm.
- Almonds blanched, peeled and slivered- 05 gm
- Pistachio nuts blanched, peeled and slivered- 05gm
- Rose petals dried- ½ tbsp.
- Grate the parboiled potatoes. Keep aside Heat the clarified butter in a heavy bottomed non-stick pan, add the potatoes ,sauté for 05 minutes, stirring it continuously.
- Add the sugar and sauté for 03 minutes. Add grated mawa (khoya) and sauté till it mixes thoroughly for 02 minutes.
- Add the milk and cook till the milk is absorbed. Add Gulkand and chopped dried rose petals. Sprinkle rose water. Add the almonds, pistachio nuts and green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with the dried rose petals slivered almonds, pistachio nuts and green cardamom powder and serve hot or warm as desired.
- Do not overcook the halwa as it will turn into brownish in colour.
- Parboiling helps in preventing enzymatic browning that occurs in raw peeled potatoes.
- You may apply Silver Leaf to the halwa, if desired.