- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME : 35 - 40 minutes
- SERVES: A jar of 225 gm.
Delicious citrus homemade marmalade made of fresh oranges and lemons, will definitely boost up your boring breakfast.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Oranges, large-05 nos.
- Lemon, zest- ¾ th tsp.
- Lemon Juice- 30 ml.
- Sugar-3 ½ cups
- Orange Juice- 05-06 cups
- Wash and dry thoroughly the oranges and lemons.
- The Marmalade jars should be clean and dry.
- Cut oranges into slices and chop, seeds to be discarded.
- Also the white portion of the oranges need to be discarded.
- Place chopped oranges, lemon zest, lemon juice, and orange juice in a large heavy bottomed pan.
- Place it over high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for about 35 minutes, stirring repeatedly. Once the fruit has softened, increase the flame and bring to a boil again.
- Add sugar and stir continuously.
- Once it thickens, it can be transferred into the jars, cover, and let cool at room temperature. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
- You may replace orange juice with water, if desired.