- PREP TIME: 8 minutes
- COOK TIME : 5 minutes
- SERVES: 6 Pax
- LEVEL OF COOKING: Easy
- CUISINE: Kashmiri
- COURSE: Pickles, Jams, Chutneys
A Spicy, Nutty, Creamy and flavourful kashmiri chutney prepared with walnuts, onion, chillies and curd.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Walnuts-130 gm.
- Onions (Roughly chopped)-01 no.
- Green Chillies (Deseeded and roughly chopped)-01 no.
- Hung curd-¾ th cup.
- Black cumin (Shahi Jeera) powder- ½ gm
- Red Chilli Powder (Kashmiri)-½ tsp.
- Salt-to taste
- Dried mint: ¼ th tsp. (Optional)
- Boil the walnuts till in water, till soft. Discard the water. Cool the walnuts and keep aside
- Grind the onions and green chillies together to a smooth paste.
- Add the walnuts and grind again for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the hung curd, black cumin and red chilli powder. Add salt. Blend well.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
- You may garnish with dried mint.
- If you do not prefer mint leaves garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- You may serve the Doon Chetin as it is, that is without a garnish.
- Check the aroma of walnuts as they tend to become rancid if not stored properly.