- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- SOAKING TIME FOR CHICKPEAS : 8 hours
- CHILLING TIME: 01 hour
- SERVES: 4
A Levantine dip / spread prepared with mashed and creamy chickpeas blended with baby spinach, fresh mint, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic.
Ingredients and Quantity
- Chickpeas, soaked overnight, drained and cooked: 325 gm.
- Garlic, crushed- 06 cloves
- Baby spinach- 1/4th bunch
- Mint Leaves- 4 to 5 sprigs
- Cumin- ¼th tsp.
- Lemon juice- 01 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil- 02 tbsp. / or more as desired
- Tahini- ¼th cup
- Water, reserved – ¼th cup
- Salt- to taste
- Baby spinach, chopped, sautéed: 02 tsp.
- Sesame seeds, lightly toasted: ½ tsp.
- Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling: 01 tbsp.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth
- Chill in the refrigerator , covered with a cling wrap for an hour before serving
- Garnish with fried spinach, sesame and a drizzle of olive oil.
- You may serve with Lavash.
- Reserve the water in which the chickpeas were boiled.